February 8, 2012

Celebration of Solitude (Official Name Pending).

I love holidays.
I'll find pretty much any reason to celebrate anything, and I like to go as far as I can with it. I spend months planning out Thanksgiving and Christmas, and will even go so far as to wear green, plan a special meal and blast irish music in the days leading up to St. Patrics day. The only holiday I am continuously underwhelmed by is Valentine's day (don't worry, the irony is not lost on me). I am not one of those people who typically thinks it's sweet to see the happy couples rubbing my face in the fact that they're paired up while I'm all by my lonesome. I'm not jealous, but I always feel a bit left out. There's no day to celebrate the single life, so from now on, I think I'll begin celebrating it myself. I'm aiming for sometime in June since I've always thought of it as the loneliest month of the year for it's lack of celebration. There's no reason single people should be completely excluded just because the greeting card companies haven't found a way to profit from them. I haven't come up with a date yet, but I will.
I'll even make cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment