January 9, 2012

Attempting Tabbouleh.

Today I made a dish I recently found online. It's called Tabbouleh (though I couldn't tell you how to pronounce it). It consists of bulgur wheat or couscous mixed with an array of fresh herbs such as basil, mint and green onions. I added a bit of tomato and dressed it with a lemon and olive oil mix. It was surprisingly tasty and is completely adjustable to taste depending on personal preference. It's also somewhat healthy, so it's a nice way of breaking up the monotony. I think next time I'll add more veggies and leave out a bit of the grain factor, since I wasn't crazy about the texture.

And thus begins the recipe portion of this blog, though I'm doubtful it'll be a common factor.However, I promise next time I'll take photos, because it's a really pretty salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment