January 11, 2012

Wrong.

As of today I am 20 years, 5 months and 16 days old. However, I was asked by my brothers friends mother which grade I am in. She was referring to High School, because apparently I didn't look much older than the fourteen year old boys playing with legos a few rooms away. Now, I'm not all that surprised that she couldn't guess my age since most people seem to struggle to do so, though the astonished face when I share my real age is becoming a bit mundane. For almost all of my childhood I looked a good few years older than my classmates, to the point that my mother once had to bring my birth certificate with her to prove to a nasty movie theater attendant that I was, in fact, just nine years old, opposed to "at least fifteen" as she had argued. It seems however my visual appearance has regressed somewhat, seeing as the last time I went to the dentist, one of the very kind nurses asked if I wanted my mom to come hold my hand. I'll have to see what I can do to make myself look my age, because as flattering as it may be later on, right now it's a a giant pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment