January 8, 2012

So Many Ideas.

I have so many ideas running through my head at every moment of the day. It's surprising how much one person can think during mundane tasks. In the time it took me to brush my teeth this morning, I mentally planned out a trip to Iceland and considered creating my own business. The problem is that no matter how many lists I write, or mental commitments I make, all of my grand ideas roll around in one jumbled mess. I never used to be as scatter brained as I feel I've become. Don't get me wrong- I still keep commitments and stay on top of my responsibilities, but in the past year or so I've begun to really understand the many opportunities open to me, and I can't help but to become excited about the possibilities. This may have something to do with the fact I have no idea what to do with my life. For years it was mapped out, and then I changed the plans. Now I have pro/con lists littering my bedroom floor for almost any career I can think of. I know I have plenty of time to really decide (and on the other hand, I'm rapidly approaching the point at which I won't be able to say that anymore) but the limitlessness of my ideas an incredible feeling. Should I become a 9-5 pencil pusher, or should I learn how to make shoes? Admittedly, I'm not particularly fond of either route, but it's the process that counts...

No comments:

Post a Comment