January 4, 2012

Bedtime Stories

Last night I found myself freezing cold, despite being under a couple of cozy blankets. My body was achy and I was ready to hit the hay (just as I am now incidentally). Before I did however, I decided I'd do some light reading through a book I recently received for Christmas called "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" by Alison Weir.
Now, anyone who knows me knows I enjoy most historical based literature, especially Tudor history, so this book is right up my alley. Thus far I'm roughly 160 pages into it, and just getting into the nitty-gritty details of the Anne Boleyn saga. The writing is fluid and paints a perfect mental image for me, which is quite a feat in itself. After learning the author has a similar book about the heirs to the Tudor throne called "The Children of Henry VIII", I've already caught myself considering breaking one of my New Years Resolutions (don't look at me like that).

Now I'm going to see how much I can polish off before falling asleep. Hopefully this time I can manage to strategically place the book in a way that won't cause me to wake up to a cameo of King Henry VIII. That's not the first face I recommend seeing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment