January 15, 2012

Nom Nom Nom

This evening I decided I'd make my favorite homemade stir-fry thing. I honestly don't know what to call it, but it's tasty. I put on some brown rice on the stove to cook while I sliced up some carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I put a little oil in the pan and turned up the heat to medium high. When it was warm enough, I added the onions and garlic. After they started to brown, I added the carrots and broccoli with some onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano (all by sight based on what appeals to you). I also added a hefty spoonful of minced garlic because it adds a really nice nutty taste (and most importantly because I'm a not-so-secret garlic lover). Then I threw in about a tablespoon of cubed butter around the pan and just let it cook until the broccoli florets began to brown a bit and the carrots were tender. Then I added the cooked rice and voila! You can add some cheddar or Parmesan cheese to it, but it can certainly hold it's own without it. This is so good that I have made this at least once a week for the past month or so. I promise I'll take some photos next time- it's pretty as well as tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment